Algorand node type
·May 10, 2021·
1 min read
- With the default node config settings, the node is running in
- To run a node providing "algod api", you could either an
non-archivalnode. Which means, the node with the default config settings could provide the "algod api".
- To run a relay node, it has to be an
archivalnode and has to be publicly accessible.
- To run a node providing "indexer api", it has to be
archivalnode, the run the
indexerbased on it.
- To participate the consensus, you could either run it on a
non-relaynode. Non-relay node is recommended.
Node type conversions
archival: set the node config.json's
archivalto be true. Click here to see the "Archival" field in config
relay: configuring a node to actively listen for connections from other nodes and having itself advertised using SRV records available through DNS. Click here for details >>
- make node participate the consensus: register participate key